Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I Love Bloody Mary

I love, love a good Bloody Mary. I love tomato juice, Bloody Mary mix, V8 juice, anything that can be doctored up with lemons and olives. I have even been known to upgrade to first class for that delicious airplane Bloody Mary. I also have been known to drink Bloody Mary mix without the vodka. It is just as delightful to me. Add a celery stick and have a well balanced dinner in a glass. We know that tomatoes are cancer fighters.

My perfect Bloody Mary has evolved over the years. I'm not crazy about hot tobasco sauce, but love horseradish. My favorite part is to make a mini skewer with three olives. Let the olives macerate while I am sipping my Bloody Mary. They are tangy, salty morsels of deliciousness.

My Bloody Mary

1 46 ounce can original V8 juice
1 cup vodka
1 tablespoon horseradish
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
Lemon wedges
Celery ribs
Pimiento stuffed green olives

Mix first six ingredients in a large pitcher. Chill for several hours.
Add ice to glasses, if desired. I prefer my Mary's straight up with no ice.
Pour drinks over ice. Add olives skewered on toothpicks and allow to macerate in drink.
Add lemon wedge and celery stalk to glass.
Enjoy!!!

1 comment: