Monday, March 17, 2014

Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage

I didn't get to cook our traditional corned beef and cabbage recipe that Walter loved and expected on St. Patrick's Day.  Amy took over the helm and adapted my recipe from stovetop to crock pot. Here is her delicious Corned Beef and Cabbage remake.

Coarsely chop two onions into wedges and quarter 6 to 8 larger red potatoes. Peel 5 or 6 carrots and cut them into large chunks. Place vegetable in bottom of a large crock pot. Salt and pepper vegetables pretty heavily.
Pour 3 cups of water over vegetable and place 4 pound corned beef brisket in pot, reserving spice packet.
Add 12 ounces of beer and sprinkle spice packet over all. 
Cover and cook on high 8 hours. It takes this long for the meat to get really tender, therefore keep those vegetables in large pieces. 
Add one whole cabbage cut in wedges for last hour of cooking.
Yummy! I wish I had some instead of my rotisserie turkey sandwich. 




1 comment: