Monday, June 16, 2014

Fresh Blueberry Cobbler

One of the very first recipes that I learned to make and memorized was the No Stir Blueberry Cobbler. It works perfectly every time and is always delicious. My mother was a really great cook, but always looked for shortcuts. She always used self rising flour and I have pretty much followed in her footsteps. Very rarely do I use all purpose flour and baking powder or soda. This standby blueberry cobbler can be made with any fruit; blackberries, peaches, raspberries, blueberries- or the combination of any or all. Blueberry/Peach is my favorite- wait till peach season and I will share the world's best cobbler recipe. In the meantime, take advantage of those local berries and whip this up for your family tonight.

Fresh Blueberry Cobbler

1 stick butter
1 cup milk
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup sugar
2 pints fresh Florida, Georgia, South Carolina or North Carolina blueberries

preheat oven to 350 degrees
Melt butter in 2 quart baking dish
Pour milk over melted butter
Do not stir.
Combine self rising flour and sugar
Spoon flour and sugar over milk and butter - do not stir
Pour washed blueberries over all
Batter will rise over fruit creating a delicious batter with chewy edges
Bake 50 to 60 minutes until top is golden brown
Serve with or without ice cream - It was storming and I couldn't get to the store

No comments:

Post a Comment